The Hall Estate is a fantastic example of a ghost winery that has become something new. It was originally built in 1885 and operated as The Bergfeld Winery and changed hands many times until prohibition ended. After prohibition it was operated again under the Bergfeld Winery name until 1994 when it became Edgewood Estate. In 2003 it was purchased by the Hall family.
Now, the Hall family has built a new state-of-the-art facility. The old winery is still on the grounds for those who would like to see it, but the Hall family has the distinction of being the first winery in the state to be LEED (Leader in Energy and Environmental Design) Gold certified. It’s a combination of old and new, past and present.